Contact Manager
Contact Manager
HeliTorque Forum Index » Upcoming Events

9th Abingdon Air & Country Show Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oagey
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: 9th Abingdon Air & Country Show Reply with quote

An early heads-up to say that the 2008 Abingdon Air & Country Show(the 9th in the successful series) will be taking place at Abingdon airfield,Dalton Barracks,Abingdon on May 4th 2008,once again supporting the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Amulance.................

To help us to help the Air Ambulance to help you please check out the contact list below for ways to get involved...........

9th ABINGDON
Air & Country Show
ABINGDON AIRFIELD
Dalton Barracks, Oxfordshire

Sunday 4th May 2008
Public Open times: 10am 4.30pm
Flying Displays, Static Aircraft, Crafts, Arena Demonstrations, Trade Stalls, Amusements, Vintage Vehicles,Steam
Machinery, Music and much more
Proceeds to the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance.

Organiser-aviation Neil Porter 07756 258892

Trade stalls Andy Porter 01235 529142

Craft Stalls Sue Porter 01235 529142

Publicity/Sponsorship Colin Smith 01235 812290 or smithoag@aol.com

Vintage vehicles Adrian Gleed 07840 503047

Amusements/Arena Displays 01235 529142 or neilsevent@aol.com

WWW.ABINGDONFAYRE.COM
oi_martin
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there as usual!!

Lets see if we can get a good Helitorque contingent for this one.
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin

Me and blme will be very interested in coming along to the 9th 'do' at Abingdon. I will put it in the diary and not book any work in for that day.

CW
x
oi_martin
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Catwoman, will you and blme be flying down.?
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope so. Far too far to drive down from 'sunny' North Wales......

CW
xx
oagey
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public admission prices and fly-in details have now been finalised and can be found on our web-site www.abingdonfayre.com

cheers
Colin
oagey
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning and preparation is now in the final few weeks for the ninth in the popular series of Abingdon Air & Country Show events held on the May Day Bank Holiday weekend(4th May 2008) at Abingdon airfield,Dalton Barracks,Abingdon,Oxon.For the second year in succession we will be raising awareness and funding for the Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance based at RAF Benson.
As well as the hoped-for appearance of the Air Ambulance helicopter we will be staging a full three hour flying display in the afternoon.Aircraft involved should include historic aircraft like the Douglas Dc-6,Percival Pembroke,Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk and the legendary Supermarine Spitfire.From today's armed forces we hope to have a RAF Hawk and Royal Navy Lynx in the flying display with RAF Merlin helicopter and Grob Vigilant on static display.
People will be able to actually take to the skies one of the historic aircraft of the Air Atlantique Classic Flight which were very popular in 2007.Several other aircraft will be on static display and private pilots will be able to fly their own aircraft into Abingdon on the day.The day is expected to finish with a mass launch of hot-air balloons in the early evening.

As well as the aviation attractions,we hope to have a wide selection of historic vehicles including the welcome return of the MG Works Car Rally that proved popular in 2007.Another locally produced car which marks a significant anniversary in 2008 in the Morris Minor(first produced in 1948) and we hope to be having a gathering of these present.As well as cars there should be buses,steam engines and ex-military vehicles on show...the latter including three tanks available for pleasure rides on the all-terrain course on the western edge of the main show site.

A wide range of childrens amusements,live music from Oxford & Kennington Brass Band,Flight Simulators,Dr Who's TARDIS,Dog Agililty Team,arena events,craft marquee and club/trade stalls make this a very good day out for all the family
Obviously all advertised attractions are subject to weather,serviceability,availability etc,and while we announce them in the best of faith,we can take no responsibility for any non-appearances.
Gates open at the Barrow Road entrance to the airfield at 10 o' clock in the morning and the day ends at 5.30 in the evening.
Public admission costs are;-
Adult 10
Child 5-15yrs 5
Senior Citizens 5

Under-5s get in FREE and car-parking on-site is also FREE...and there is a dedicated car-parking area set aside for disabled visitors.

Discounted price tickets are available now from our web-site www.abingdonfayre.com/tickets.php and from the following locations....Didcot First offices and Clothes 4 Work in Didcot, and Warehouse shop and Abingdon Information Office in the Old Abbey House Building in Abingdon.Our sales publicity stall will be visiting Abingdon,Didcot and Oxford town centres over the next few weeks and tickets will also be available at these locations.
Advance ticket prices are;-
Adult 8
Child 5-15yrs 4
Senior citizens 4

The price you see here is the price you pay...our on-line ordering facility incurs NO booking or admin fee and tickets are posted 1st Class with NO p&p charge.

Abingdon Air & Country Show is run by a small but dedicated group of enthusiasts with no financial back-up what-so-ever and so any company wishing to come on board and financially support us would be made very welcome indeed.
There is an A4 Event Poster which we use to publicise our event and I can e-Mail this tio you if you feel able to display it for us.
All information here-in is submitted in good faith and is correct at date 24th February 2008 but as stated earlier things can change for a whole variety of reasons.We would there-fore suggest people keep loggin on to our web-site(www.abingdonfayre.com) where any changes/up-dates will be posted

Best Wishes
Colin Smith
Press & Sponsorship Officer
Abingdon Air & Country Show 4th May 2008
www.abingdonfayre.com
Catwoman
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been to the Abingdon Air Show and it is very well worth going to.

Besides the fantastic air displays there are other events going on......and I don't mean the 'never ending queue' for the hot-dogs!!

It really is a worthwhile event to attend....so, see you there Wink

CW
xx
oi_martin
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any pilots who want to make a weekend of the Air Fayre I am currently thinking of local hotels.

It would be possible for helicopters to arrive on the Saturday and transfer to the local hotels by taxi. Any Saturday arrivals need to PPR with Neil beforehand.

There is only one hotel that may take helis in the area that springs to mind , the Milton Hill Hotel and Conference centre. I've seen an EC120 in there before.
If transferring by road, a nice hotel close by is the Doghouse Hotel at Frilford, it has a field next to the hotel but is often used for balloon launches and is close if not inside of the Abingdon circuit.
Another two options in Abingdon would be the Abingdon Four Pillars or the Upper Reaches which is close to the River Thames.

If anyone wants to stay over, please PM me and I can find suitable hotels in the area.
Lets hope we can get a good meeting of Helitorquers. Theres three members in the marshalling team and one in the publicity team

Thanks

Martin
HeliCraig
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the exception of CW and BLME is anyone else planning on flying in?

CW/BLME - what day(s) are you planning on flying in?
oagey
Starting to 'Torque
Starting to 'Torque

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is able/willing to display our A4 Event Poster(needn't necessarily be an aviation related location)...please e-Mail me on smithoag@aol.com ansd I'll arrange for you to recieve one

cheers
Colin
Stevie
'Torquing Regularly
'Torquing Regularly

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: 9th Abingdon Air & Country Show Reply with quote

Well I've got my PPR note in, and the aircraft is booked so I'll be flying in for the day! Heli Boy
oi_martin
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good news Stevie, thats the first civilian helicopter booked in. What aircraft will you be flying and whats time slot have you got and we'll keep a look out for you.

Martin
Stevie
'Torquing Regularly
'Torquing Regularly

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,

I haven't got the time slot yet, I think Neil will be sending out details a bit closer to the day, but I'll be flying in from Gloucester in an R44, G-WEGO - thanks to Candia at Patriot (obvious plug!).

Hopefully see you there!

Steve
oi_martin
H Addict
H Addict

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be one of the marshallers there, not sure yet who will be doing the helis but I'm sure the helitorquers will meet up during the flying display.

Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HeliTorque Forum Index » Upcoming Events All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: